I thought to share with you few things to remember while travelling in remote places. I know most of you are aware of these but thought to put a post since most of us forgets these even though we know these.
- Always take sufficient amount of drinking water to survive for about 2 days.
- Always take sufficient food supplies to survive for about 2 days.
- Before starting your trip check your spare tyre.
- Before leaving each town check your fuel level and calculate the fuel required to reach your next town.
- Check for the fuel station opening and closing times of the town you are planning to visit.
- Get a fly mask or at least carry some water in a bottle to use on face to escape the fly attack while in outback.
- If you are not 100% familiarized with your vehicle do not speed too much.
- Always watch for animals.
- Take a blanket or two to keep you warm in case the unforeseen happen.
- If you are taking any medication do not forget to take medicine.
- It is always better to have a first aid kit while you are travelling.
- If you have knowledge to repair then a tool kit will be handy.
I know there are many more things, so feel free to comment.
Hope these helps.